Spring is here…
…and that means time for spring CLEANING!
The cleaning of costumes should always be done professionally or with care, but what happens when you have an emergency on set?
- How do you get that stain out of the actor’s shirt before he’s called to set?
- How do you refresh the armpits of a shirt or dress that is worn over and over?
- How do you keep rental shoes healthy for multiple wears?
Never fear! SCC has great tips, tricks, and products to help resolve and prevent some of set life’s costume mishaps like those above:
- Salad oil stain on a shirt? Try WHITE CHALK! Gently blot out as much of the oil as you can with a clean cloth then take crushed white chalk and gently rub into fresh stain. The chalk will absorb the oil and you can “lift” the stain out with a lint roller or if you have the time, wash out in cold water.
- Yellowing armpits or lingering underarm odor? Try ANTIBACTERIAL SOAP! Bacteria is the culprit when it comes to discoloration and odor. Use antibacterial hand soap to eliminate those problems by gently rubbing into the problem areas and wash in cold water.
- Multiple users in your rental shoes? Try END BAC! Stop the spread of foot fungus and odor with End Bac. Spray into shoes after each use to keep shoes fresh for the next user.
Quick fixes are always good to have in your kit, but it’s even better to have preventative solutions to stop the problem before it starts. Check out these products that are available for purchase in our supply store:
Do you have a go-to product that you must have in your kit? Do you have a cleaning trick that has saved you on set? TELL US! Share your tips and products on our FACEBOOK page or INSTAGRAM page. Be sure to follow us for tips, tricks, and products all this month!